ARU London offers the option of starting your MBA in September or January. The course can take 12 or 24 months to complete and costs from £8,500 for the complete course.
Classes will run on a combination of evenings and weekends, enabling students to work full-time while studying.
The healthcare industry continues its growth across the globe, and this course is specifically designed to prepare graduates for senior management positions in organisations operating in this sector.
With contextualised business theory and real world work experience, students will graduate with both the work experience and theoretical underpinning to excel in their career.
The course focus is on driving quality improvement in the workplace, allowing you to identify real achievements to assist employers and maximise your employability on graduation.
You will spend your final four months in full-time paid work within the sector, allowing you to take your learning into the real-world, and build your work experience.
Structure and content
Below are indications of the modules you will study:
- Public Health
- Research Applications in Global Business
- International Human Resource Management
- Operations and Project Management
- Global Marketing Management
- Enquiry into Professional Practice
- Business Strategy – A Global Approach
- Cross Cultural Leadership
- Driving Quality Improvement inProfessional Practice
- Major Project
Teaching and assessment
Students are assessed through a variety of methods including assignments, presentations and examinations.
As an alternative to the traditional end-of-course dissertation which many MBA courses include, this MBA has, at its pinnacle, a real-world case study. The case study is given to students approximately two months before the end of course examination. Students spend time researching the organisation prior to the exam. Students are allowed to bring their research on the organisation for reference into the examination. Students are assessed on the examination, plus previous research which is submitted with the exam script. It is our view that the analysis of an organisation provides an opportunity to draw on knowledge and experience gained from previous studies and to demonstrate the ability to cope with incomplete information in a way that reflects situations likely to be faced in a future career.
Have the equivalent of a UK first degree or professional qualification
Have previously been taught in English and have sufficient command of English to undertake postgraduate study or have an IELTS (or equivalent) score of 6.5 or better. Candidates who meet our academic entry requirements but whose score for IELTS (or an English language test considered the equivalent of IELTS) is below 6.5 can apply for a programme that includes an eight-week pre-sessional English Language course, for which there is an additional fee.
We welcome applications from all those interested in furthering their education, particularly mature students. So, if you do not meet the general entry requirements but can demonstrate that your life/work skills would make you suitable, you should still consider applying.
In today’s tough jobs market, graduates need to stand out from the crowd to secure a post-MBA position. We believe your MBA from ARU London will definitely enhance your employability.
- Over the course of your MBA, you will not only have a through understanding of relevant business and management theory, you will have first-hand work experience of the industry.
- You will benefit from your ARU London lecturers' real-world experience of business. You are therefore assured that the content of your degree will be directly relevant to the demanding, constantly evolving world of contemporary business. Furthermore, you will study business from a practical as well as from an academic perspective.
- ARU London lecturers have a wealth of contacts too and you will study alongside students from all over the world. All great for networking!
- Our student-friendly timetables will make it easier for you to secure meaningful, part-time work. Part-time work will give you valuable experience outside of the classroom and will boost your credentials with a prospective graduate employer. We are also working with a number of employers to be able to offer relevant part-time work to students on this MBA from the outset of their course.
- We regularly run seminars with the specific objective of enhancing your future employment prospects. These will include CV workshops, interview techniques, career counselling and visits from prospective employers.