The main aim of the ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Nail Treatments is to enable learners to gain the necessary practical and theoretical skills in order to provide nail technology to the general public and to gain employment in the beauty industry. This qualification also provides opportunities for learners to develop a range of skills, techniques, personal qualities and attitudes essential for successful performance in employment as a nail technician. The learner will also develop knowledge about the structure and functions of the nails and skin, contraindications to treatment, nail and skin analysis, related health and safety, client care and communication and working with others in the beauty related industries which is essential in order to work and be successful in the industry.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
This qualification covers a comprehensive range of skills and knowledge for the learner seeking employment or self-employment as a nail technician at level 3. Compared with other nail courses, this qualification enables the learner to offer additional skills which may be required by employers within the industry.
WHY TAKE THIS COURSE?
This qualification provides a full complement of nail treatments making learners incredibly marketable in the nail industry.
WHAT WILL I EXPERIENCE?
Teaching will be in a practical salon environment where the focus will be on the development of the skills required to ensure satisfactory employment in industry. The main skills the learner will perform are:
• Care of the nails on the hand including hand massage and application of polish
• Care of the nails on the feet including foot massage and application of polish
• Applying and maintaining nail enhancements
• Nail tips
• Acrylic nails
• Gel nails
• Nail wraps
• Designing and applying nail art
• The use of airbrush techniques in nail art design
• The use of electric files to enhance the nails
This is a blended learning course including theory modules which learners undertake at home online and completion of theory assignments set by the tutor. The main emphasis whilst at college will be on the development of the necessary practical skills.
- Provide Manicure Treatments
- Provide Pedicure Treatments
- Design and Apply Nail Art
- Airbrush Designs for Nails
- Display Stock to Promote Sales in the Salon
- Client Care and Communication in the Beauty Related Industries
- Maintaining Personal Health and Well-being
On completing the course students will be able to perform to industry expectations the following nail treatments:
• Nail art
• Airbrush nail design
• Blended nail tips
• Gel nails
• Acrylic nails
It is recommended that learners should have achieved a level of education equivalent to five GCSEs at grade A* - C or a Level 2 Diploma in Beauty Therapy prior to commencing the ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Nail Technology.
Mature students (over 21) are accepted, subject to satisfactory literacy and numeracy tests, work experience (if applicable) and a strong personal statement.
Once learners have achieved the ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Nail Technology they may progress on to other ITEC or equivalent qualifications at level 3 or 4, for example:
• Level 3 Diploma in Massage and Electrotherapy
• Level 3 Diploma in Spa and Body Treatments
• Level 4 Diploma in Advanced Skincare
• Level 4 Diploma in Spa and Salon Management
• Level 4 Certificate in Laser and Light Treatment for Skin Rejuvenation
• Level 4 Certificate in Laser and Light Treatment for Hair Removal
• Level 4 Certificate in Micro-pigmentation Treatment
Opportunities for Employment
There are opportunities for nail technicians to find employment in a variety of areas:
• Beauty salons
• Health clubs
• Own business
• Cruise liners
The qualification was developed collaboratively with the Hair and Beauty Industry Authority (HABIA) and enables learners to apply for entry to the HABIA Register of Beauty Professionals once they have gained their qualification It is also recognised for membership by The British Association of Beauty Therapists and Cosmetologists (BABTAC) and The Guild of Beauty Therapists.
- Level 3 Diploma in Nail Technology
- 5 Holborn Circus EC1N 2HB
- 12 weeks, 3 days per week
- October, November 2016, February, March, April, May 2017
- £3,345.00 (SFA advance learner loans available for 19+ students)
- Champneys uniform will be provided. In order to fulfil the requirements of the course a basic kit consisting of nail tools will be required costing £35 Travel assistance: £5 contribution per day to your Oyster Card