Aspiring fashion designers gain a nationally recognised qualification and vital industry skills through this 2 year Higher National Diploma
Students will explore the fashion industry and it’s related disciplines and roles, covering technical and design fundamentals and how to generate new trends and ideas. The course incorporates practical hands-on assignments to more accurately reflect the fashion industry.
This course is accredited by Pearson Edexcel.
Key areas include fashion design, pattern drafting, textiles behaviour and sewing and making skills for fashion, lingerie and sportswear. These are taught alongside business-focussed subjects including garment manufacturing, promotion, marketing and styling. Students will also explore influences such as culture, street style, new technology and lifestyle trends.
The industry-focussed teaching team provide students with valuable insight into the latest creative and commercial innovations in fashion – keeping skills relevant to employers. Future roles could include Fashion Designer, Garment Technologist, Fashion Buyer, Stylist, Visual Merchandiser or Marketing Manager.
Study in a global fashion capital
London is home to some of the world’s most recognisable fashion brands, and is where exciting new trends are born. You will be close to the industry’s major organisations, and will have the chance to visit London Fashion Week and design houses such as Stella McCartney.
The course follows the Edexcel HND specification with units selected to give students an overview of the fashion industry and the specialist skills to compete within the creative, technical and commercial areas of their choice.
Ideas Generation & Development
Contextual & Cultural Referencing
Pattern Drafting in Fashion
Techniques & Processes in Fashion
Cultural Understanding in Fashion
Design Exploration in Fashion
Research & Development for Fashion Design
Fashion and Textiles Materials Understanding
Pattern Construction in Fashion
Fashion Promotion and Marketing
Clothing Manufacture Production Operations
Fashion Collection Realisation
Project Design, Implementation and Evaluation
- Feb 2017
- May 2017
- Entry Requirements
- Level 3 qualification or equivalent
- GCE Advanced level profile demonstrating strong performance in a relevant subject or an adequate performance in more than one GCE subject.
- An Access to Higher Education Certificate awarded by an approved further education institution
- Mature learners without formal qualifications are required to present a profile of achievement in the form of work experience in the related field and will be subject to relevant entry assessments.
- All applicants must pass an Academic Interview
- Proficiency in English at a standard commensurate to IELTS 5.5