This 2 year Higher National Diploma (HND) offers an in-depth study of the communication networks and technologies that globally connect people and organisations. Through a combination of engaging assignments, case studies and future scenarios, students will examine and investigate the real-world environment.
This enables them to gain the knowledge, skills and an understanding of the applied principles necessary to develop a successful career in network engineering.
This course is accredited by Pearson Edexcel.
This NETS course covers key areas in computer network engineering and telecommunications. Specific subject areas focus on the establishing and performance of computer networks within a business or internet environment. The areas of study also includes website design and database design. Additionally, students are required to undertake a second year Project, researching and developing a topic of their choice.
PROGRESS DIRECTLY TO AN ICT DEGREE
Successful completion of the course can give access to a top up BSc degree in ICT, subject to the qualification holder meeting the University entry requirements for the top-up.
This HND qualification opens up a whole range a range of specialised employment
opportunities. This may include the pursuing of a career in network management, network operations or network engineering design, a career in the rapidly expanding field of mobile communications, or in the research and development of new networking technologies.
Study in a global technology capital
London houses some of the most advanced technology companies in the world, making it the ideal place to study, make contacts and begin your career. London is also a major business centre for the world’s telecommunication companies, ensuring that there are many employment possibilities in this field.
The course is delivered over two years, with approximately three units (modules) studied during each one of the six terms.
The Unit Schedule is as follows:
Database Design Concepts
Personal Skills Development
Network Operating Systems
Internet Server Management
Telecommunication Business Environment
Network Engineering and Telecommunication Systems Project
- Feb 2017
- May 2017
Academic Level: 5
- Entry Requirements
- Level 3 qualification or equivalent
- GCE Advanced level profile demonstrating strong performance in a relevant subject or an adequate performance in more than one GCE subject.
- An Access to Higher Education Certificate awarded by an approved further education institution
- Mature learners without formal qualifications are required to present a profile of achievement in the form of work experience in the related field and will be subject to relevant entry assessments.
- All applicants must pass an Academic Interview
- Proficiency in English at a standard commensurate to IELTS 5.5