The hospitality industry offers a vast array of career opportunities
The hospitality industry continues to grow at a rapid rate which means there continues to be huge demand for graduates who can demonstrate an in-depth understanding of business theory as it applies to the sector alongside first-hand, relevant experience.
Paid work experience
This degree course, which offers the chance to combine the study of business and hospitality theory and practice with paid work experience within the industry, is designed with your future employability in mind. Explore the application of business theory and at the same time enjoy the chance of adding a big name in the sector to your CV.
Once you join ARU London, our careers consultants will help you secure a part-time hospitality job and then during your second year you will undertake a paid internship as part of your degree course.
London - the best place to study hospitality
In terms of expected growth, the UK is leading the way for Western Europe. In 2012, 8,000 new hotel rooms opened in London alone and a further 5,000 are forecast to open in 2013.
As one of the most important financial and business centres in the world, London is a hospitality hub, offering some of the very best examples in terms of service and luxury accommodation. There are 54 Michelin-starred restaurants in the capital and 1,600 hotels in central London alone. This degree course offers the chance to experience some of this first-hand.
ARU London is also a proud member of the British Hospitality Association. Our profile can be found here http://www.bha.org.uk/bha_members/lca-business-school-london/
Structure and content
This course is offered as a three-year degree programme.
Below is an indication of the modules you will study:
Service Sector Management
Driving Improvements in the Workplace
Managing Human Resources
Principles and Practice of Marketing
Contemporary Issues in Practice
Leadership and Change Management
Teaching and assessment
- You will have a minimum of twelve hours’ lectures and tutorials a week (so- called ‘contact time’ with a lecturer or tutor). Each year consists of two semesters of 12 teaching weeks each followed by a period for revision and assessment.
- The core lectures and tutorials are carefully timetabled to take place on two or three days of the week. We believe this offers our students more chance of finding meaningful, better-paid part-time work than students at many universities where the few hours’ lectures are spread over the whole of the week. And ARU London will help students on this programme find appropriate part-time work from the start of the course.
- You will be expected to undertake extensive independent study when you are not attending lectures.
- Your learning experience will be further enhanced by skills sessions, tutor surgeries and guest lectures which are organised throughout the year.
- Each course module is delivered through a combination of large group lectures - where the main ideas and concepts are presented – and tutorials where students are broken into smaller groups for an interactive discussion and analysis of the lecture content.
- Students are assessed predominantly through a mix of examination and coursework.
Alternatively, ARU London asks for
- Irish Leaving Certificate: BBCCC.
- Scottish Highers: BBCCC.
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma: DMM in a business-related subject.
- International Baccalaureate Diploma: 24 points.
- Academic entry requirements for overseas students
We also welcome applications from mature individuals who can demonstrate appropriate, relevant work experience.
All applicants are required to have at least 5 GCSEs at C or above including English and Maths.
Students whose first language is not English and who have not previously studied in the UK are required to have IELTS 6.0 or equivalent. Candidates who meet our academic entry requirements but whose score for IELTS (or an English language test considered the equivalent of IELTS) is below 6.0 can apply for a programme that includes an eight-week pre-sessional English Language course, for which there is an additional fee.
This course can also be selected as an extended degree adding a prior year of study. Requirements for this are 5 GCSEs together with evidence of at least 12 years of education eg. partial completion of A Level, BTEC, International Baccalaureate or an Access Course. EU applicants must also provide an English Language qualification equivalent to IELTS 5.5 with a minimum of 5.5 in each component.
Our published entry requirements are a guide only and our decision will be based on our assessment of your overall suitability for the course. We treat everyone as an individual which means we will look at your whole application including any relevant work experience and personal circumstances as well as your educational qualifications. Please contact UK@lca.anglia.ac.uk for more information.
BSc (Hons) Business and Hospitality Management
UCAS CODE 1N22
BSc (Hons) Business and Hospitality Management with Foundation Year
UCAS CODE NN11
Four-Year Extended Degree Course
For students who do not meet our standard entry requirements for admission, ARU London offers the option of a Four - Year Extended Degree Course – foundation year.
The Extended course involves the study of seven modules over two semesters with automatic enrolment onto a degree
programme on successful completion.
In today’s tough jobs market, graduates need to stand out from the crowd to successfully secure that all important first full-time job after university. A BSc Business and Hospitality Management from ARU London will definitely enhance your employability:
- You will be helped to find an appropriate part-time job in the hospitality industry as soon as you join ARU London
- At the end of your second year you will undertake a four month paid full-time work placement in the sector - by the time you graduate you should be able demonstrate work experience in the sector and are likely to have a big name in the industry on your CV.
- Your ARU London lecturers all have first-hand experience of business and many continue to work in business. You are therefore assured that the content of your degree will be directly relevant to the demanding, constantly evolving world of contemporary business. Furthermore, you will study business from a practical as well as from an academic perspective.
- ARU London lecturers have a wealth of contacts too and you will study alongside students from all over the world. All great for networking!
- Hear what our students have to say
- During your final year there will be additional seminars with the specific objective of enhancing your future employment prospects. These will include CV workshops, interview techniques, career counselling and visits from prospective employers.
02031377022 , 02037457488
07808052130 , 07588020110
P4ULTD , E4ULTD
07783101569 , 07598429884
INFO-BIRMINGAM , ADMIN-BIRMINGAM
Менеджеры в Лондоне и Бирмингеме e-mails: