3-year full-time; 4-years full-time with placement
We host online webinars to give you the chance to find out more about our courses and what studying at Brunel is like.
For a playback of our recent Law webinar, click here.
About the course
The LLB Law with International Arbitration and Commercial Law concentrates on the realities of modern commercial law and the importance of understanding its substance, as well as the most important method for the resolution of contemporary business disputes.
Developed in collaboration with an advisory board of internationally-recognised specialists, this LLB introduces students to specialised areas of knowledge while ensuring that they receive the broad legal education offered on a standard LLB course.
Over the course of study you will specialise in arbitration and areas of commercial law of your choice. This will result in a degree that is both focused on your specific interests and that uniquely prepares you for one of the few genuinely cross-border fields of legal practice.
Brunel Law School offers two routes to studying the LLB Law with a specialisation in International Arbitration and Commercial Law:
- The LLB Law with International Arbitration and Commercial Law (three years full-time).
- The LLB Law with International Arbitration and Commercial Law (Professional Placement) (four years) - this includes a one year industry placement. Previous placements at Brunel have been in solicitors' firms, barristers' chambers, governmental institutions and related organisations.
The LLB Law with International Arbitration and Commercial Law fulfils all the requirements of the traditional LLB, giving graduates qualifying law degree status that satisfies the requirements of the Law Society and the Bar Council.
Graduates gain the advantage of recognised specialised knowledge in the area of international arbitration and commercial law, and leave with a thorough knowledge and understanding of commercial law, cross-border transactions, international and comparative law, and cross-cultural dispute resolution.
- You will have the opportunity to earn a qualifying law degree and develop a perspective of International and English law. You will gain a thorough knowledge and understanding both of the substance of contemporary commercial law, and of the functioning of international arbitration as a form of dispute resolution.
- You will be encouraged to think critically about methods for the resolution of commercial disputes and the importance of cross-border transactions in the contemporary world.
- You will be able to apply relevant substantive and procedural law.
- You will demonstrate relevant career skills, especially skills which are pertinent to commercial law professions.