3-year full-time; 4.5 - 6-year part-time
We regularly host online webinars to give you the chance to find out more about our courses and what studying at Brunel is like. For a playback of our recent Theatre webinar, click here.
About the course
Brunel University London has a long and successful tradition of offering joint programmes of study. The BA Theatre and Film and Television Studies (Honours) degree provides a rich and exciting combination where you will draw upon the expertise and experience of both the Theatre and the Film and Television Studies teaching teams.
In order to see the full range of possibilities for this joint honours degree, please check out the information provided on this page as well as the Film and Television Studies BA Programme pages.
As a student on the BA Theatre and Film and Television Studies (Honours) at Brunel University London, you will become part of an energetic, dynamic and creative community of students, artists and academics. Our programme has been designed for students who aspire to work in today’s diverse theatre and creative industries.
The BA Theatre is highly practice focused and you will learn core skills in theatre making and performance while at the same time studying historical, theoretical and critical perspectives. The Film and Television BA provides production-based modules but is more heavily focused on theoretical perspectives.
Our teaching team consists of practitioners and artists who specialise in the fields of theatre, performance and live art. We also offer excellent teaching facilities such as the Antonin Artaud Performance Centre, which houses a fully equipped main house and studio theatre, as well as a large suite of rehearsal and recording studios and editing suites.
You will join Brunel’s vibrant and creative Department of Arts and Humanities, as well as our friendly and welcoming campus community, which provides an exciting and stimulating living and working environment. BA Theatre and Film and Television Studies takes full advantage of our proximity to London’s international creative culture and theatre events.
View student profiles
To prepare you for a future in the theatre, film and creative industries, education, further study and research, as well as many other career paths. The BA Theatre and Film and Television Studies Joint Honours at Brunel University London will provide you with opportunities to develop:
- Specific creative skills including: Acting, Directing, Applied Drama, Physical Theatre, Digital Performance, Musical Theatre and Playwriting.
- Skills in critical thinking, as well as knowledge and understanding of the concepts and models used in the practice and study of theatre; theoretical debates arising from theatre as a live event; and current issues around the creative importance of theatre production.
- Opportunities for career-focused work experience.
- Essential life and career skills including leadership, independent thinking, working within a team, research and presentation skills.
- Creative thinking and solutions focused on the realities of the fast growing UK Creative Economy.