Full-time / Part-time / Online
£6,950 (UK/EU) £11,950 (International) £6,950 (Online)
You will learn how to apply theoretical concepts and human resource management models to real life case studies, in a practice-based environment. This programme will provide the intellectual underpinnings required for a career in a dynamic work environment, alongside significant exposure to the professional world.
Why this course?
The MSc in Leadership and Human Resource Management has a strong focus on employability. It is ideal for graduates with an interest in developing specialist knowledge and a critical understanding of the sector. You will become familiar with the intellectual underpinnings required for a career in this type of dynamic work environment, alongside significant exposure to the professional world.
We provide an intensive and interactive learning experience through significant contact hours and small class sizes. We improve your employability through a supportive, practical and challenging curriculum that is closely aligned with professional body requirements. We also offer flexibility of delivery with the choice of either full-time, block/ weekend or online* delivery.
Also, we have successfully accredited our Masters degree programmes with the professionally-recognised CMI qualifications.
Who is this course for?
This degree is ideal for those interested in a career as a human resource manager or in another role within business management.
How will you learn?
- Study methods - Students can take this course on either a full-time or part-time basis. The programme is delivered in an interactive way with a real-world focus, and learning takes places both in and outside the classroom environment. Face-to-face learning is supported by online resources, including the Financial Times, case studies, simulations, learning videos, reading materials, online testing and feedback. There will be 5 contact hours per week, split into two 2 hour workshops and a 1 hour lecture. Block/weekend delivery students have 7 hours of contact time over a 3 day weekend.
- Examination and assessment - On campus students will be assessed in a number of ways, including workshop performance, presentations, assignments, projects and exams. The programme includes a considerable amount of group work and assessment..
- Study materials and online support - Students will receive their core textbooks free of charge. All De Broc programmes are supported by our Virtual Learning Environment - Elite. Elite will be your first point of call for academic information. In addition, you will gain access to our online library facilities, and learning resources from the Chartered Management Institute, the Chartered Institute of Marketing and the Financial Times. These resources provide a range of professional and business-focused materials that represent up to date market trends, sector-based articles and analysis reports.
On campus study
Learning takes place both in and outside the classroom environment, with face-to-face learning supported by online resources. You will receive all core textbooks free of charge and will be supported by our Virtual Learning Environment, Elite.
As an online student, you’ll get access to programme content and learning activities at any time and from any location. In addition, you’ll receive support, guidance, and careers advice throughout the course:
- Professionally produced HD video lectures 24/7
- Online forums where you can discuss new concepts with your tutors and fellow students
- Student support services from De Broc School of Business and our online learning provider, InterActive
Full-time students will study for one year, which is divided into two semesters and the summer period for the dissertation. Students will study six modules, each worth 15 credits; one module worth 30 credits; and another module worth 60 credits, totalling 180 credits.
Part-time students will study for two years. Over two semesters in year one, students will study six modules, each worth 15 credits. In year two over two semesters, students will study one module worth 30 credits and another module, worth 60 credits, totalling 180 credits.
The course will cover the following core modules:
- Leadership and Management Development (15 credits)
- Developing Skills for Business (15 credits)
- Human Resource Management in Context (15 credits)
- Coaching and Mentoring (30 credits)
- Organisation Design and Development (15 credits)
- Leading, Managing and Developing People (15 credits)
- Managing Employment Relations (15 credits)
- Research Methods, Professional Development and Dissertation/ Project (60 credits)
Leadership and Management Development
This module will enable you to critically evaluate core theories, models and concepts of leadership. In addition you will learn the best practices and skills used in a professional environment, with a focus on how to become an effective human resource practitioner using practical leadership skills.
Developing Skills for Business
This module will equip you with the knowledge and skills needed to critically reflect on your abilities as an effective manager. You will gain the capabilities necessary for effective management and learn skills related to financial budgeting, data analysis, team work, interpersonal skills and decision-making.
Human Resource Management in Context
This module will enable you to evaluate the interaction between the business environment and the organisation within which HR professionals work. In addition you will explore models of organisational design and environmental analysis. You will analyse HRM issues enabling you to make recommendations for HR policy and practise.
Coaching and Mentoring
You will design, apply and practise coaching methods, addressing them from an ethical and professional viewpoint. You will explore a range of psychological theories that will help you to understand various coaching and mentoring strategies.
Organisation Design and Development
You will learn how to evaluate the contribution of organisational design and development as well as how to assess and apply design options regarding structures and relationships. The role of HR in organisational design and development will be discussed with a strong focus on cultural awareness, the practical applications of organisational design and organisational development concepts.
Leading, Managing and Developing People
This module will teach you to understand the links between HR practises and organisational outcomes, alongside critically evaluating the theories of leadership. There will be a focus on how to become an effective manager through the application of leadership and development skills.
Managing Employment Relations
You will gain all the skills necessary to critically evaluate the systems of employment relations within a national and international context. This module will further develop your knowledge of the organisational processes of management. In addition you will develop the ability to manage good employee relations and practice effectively as a HR professional.
Research Methods, Investigating a Business Issue from an HRM Perspective
This module is divided into three distinct parts; research design, quantitative analysis and qualitative analysis. Each section will provide you with an overview of the conventions of research in the social sciences and within a chosen specialist area. You will also study the role that quantitative and qualitative methods play in research.
The MSc in Leadership and Human Resource Management will be a highly valuable addition to your CV, demonstrating that you are capable in a management or business-related role.
Students who graduate from this degree often consider the following options if they wish to continue their studies:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Chartered Management Institute’s (CMI) postgraduate qualifications
- Chartered Institute for Personnel and Development’s (CIPD) postgraduate qualifications
- Entry requirements- 2:2 or above from a UK Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent qualifications.
- International requirements - an English language level equivalent to IELTS 6.5 or above with a minimum of 5.5 in each component.
- Non-standard entry
Fees and funding
All postgraduate international students qualify for our £3,000 Inaugural Bursary.*
02031377022 , 02037457488
07808052130 , 07588020110
P4ULTD , E4ULTD
07783101569 , 07598429884
INFO-BIRMINGAM , ADMIN-BIRMINGAM
Менеджеры в Лондоне и Бирмингеме e-mails: